Pinpointing what Yorkies should not eat can save your dogs' life.
Common Yorkshire Terrier health problems may arise from a low-quality diet.These may include diabetes, blood disease and, pancreas problems.There could be liver problems kidney damage.Even premature death.
You can prevent many of these health issues. Just be aware of potentially dangerous foods and plants around the house.
Chocolate is a favorite treat for humans. The problem is that it can give rise to some life-threatening Yorkshire Terrier health problems.
Chocolate is toxic for dogs.
The result of a Yorkshire Terrier eating chocolate can be disastrous.In some cases, it may lead to the death of the dog.
Many pet owners are not aware that some vegetables can cause Yorkshire Terrier health problems. Yorkies eating onion absorb toxins. This can create a blood disorder Haemolytic Anaemia.
The dog may become ill developing liver damage which will affect their quality of life.
Toxins in mushrooms often lead to serious Yorkshire Terrier health issues. There may be canine liver disease, kidney problems, and even premature death.
A diet that has an excess of fat is bad for most animals, and Yorkies are no exception. Many health problems with Yorkies fed high-fat food diet for a long time.
Obesity and even diabetes can develop if your dog is living this type of unhealthy lifestyle.
Raisins and Grapes, Macadamia Nuts and Garlic.
Active Yeast and Raw Bread Dough, Wild Cherry, Almonds and Apricots.
Tomato and Potato leaves and stems.
Avocados, Pear and Peach Kernels.
Rhubarb Spinach and Alcohol.
The Autumn Crocus can cause diatthea, an intense burning sensation in the mouth, vomiting, seizures, liver and kidney damage.The entire plant is considered toxic to dogs, but toxicity is highest in the bulbs.
Ingestion of just a few leaves of Azaleas can cause mouth irritation with subsequent diarrhea and vomiting in dogs. In severe cases, ingestion can cause coma, a drop in blood pressure, and even death.
Although the entire plant is considered poisonous to dogs, it is the Daffodil bulb that is the most toxic. Ingestion of any portion of a Daffodil can cause vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, arrhythmias, convulsions, and a serious drop in blood pressure.
Dieffenbachia,(Dumb Cane), is a common houseplant that can cause vomiting, oral irritation, and difficulty swallowing in dogs. It can also create a burning sensation of the lips, tongue, and mouth.
Although the entire plant of a tulip is considered toxic, it's the bulb that is the most poisonous to dogs. Ingestion can cause nausea, significant oral irritation, and excessive drooling.
Also known as the Mother-In-Law plant, the Kalanchoe is a common house plant with small dense flowers. When ingested it can cause vomiting and diarrhea.
The Sago Palm is an extremely poisonous plant to dogs when ingested, causing bloody diarrhea, vomiting, and bleeding disorders, liver failure and death.
Oleander is a popular ornamental flowering shrub commonly found in California and the southern United States. It's cardiac glycosides, similar to dioxin, are very toxic to dogs. This plant can cause fatal muscle tremors, heart abnormalities, vomiting and bloody diarrhea.
Also known as Sow bread, the Cyclamen is a common household flowering plant with poisonous properties (i.e., terpenoids) to dogs. It can cause vomiting, oral irritation, , diarrhea, heart abnormalities, seizures and death.
Especially popular around Easter, the lovely Amaryllis is poisonous to dogs. Its toxins can cause depression, vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia, abdominal pain, hyper salivation, and tremors in dogs.